Saturday 12 March 2011

Three Wishes

As a child, I heard the story of Aladdin's Lamp and I was fascinated.  Imagine, three wishes and you could wish for anything you wanted.  Well, as a child, you get to discover how greedy you can be, even if it was all in your mind.  I often pretended I had a lamp like that but I skipped the Genie part and went right to the wishes.  It took me many years later to realize that I actually did have a lamp like that, it was simply in my mind.  I, too, could have three wishes, anything I wanted, and I really meant it and I really believed it.  Several years ago, realizing the power of my mind and my ability to grant any wish I wanted, I chose three.  The first tapped into that greed, I admit, so I wished for nice things and lots of them too.  My grandmother would say, be careful what you wish for, so here I am in the biggest kind of house surrounded by everything you could possibly imagine with at least one hundred of it all.  I admit I love my stuff.  That wish actually centered around my career and I just wanted to be the best at what I do.  As many of you know, I am a decorator and I like to think I'm pretty good at it.  I'm not really in it for the stuff, but I admit I do love a nice china cup and I can hardly resist any one I see.  The second wish I made last year on May 24.  It was for good health and wellness and all that came with that.  Again, that wish was fully in my hands.  I didn't necessarily wish for a great body but I also admit I finally like the one I've now got.  It happens to come with a great pair of legs that I'm happy to show off each time I walk!  The third wish rests in my heart.  I've never given up on it and I don't believe I will.  I've never given up on anything that I believe in.  So, here's the thing about three wishes.  They're available to anyone.  I came to that realization quite a long time ago.  Whatever you want is fully available to you.  When you live your life with that belief, those wishes actually do start showing up.  If anyone needs proof, I've got a house full of china, legs of steel, and a smile in my heart which leaks out everytime with the smile on my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment