Friday 18 March 2011

The First Ingredient

There's something about going out to dinner that has captured new appeal to me.  For so long, it was a seven-night-a-week experience that simply became a chore with the indecision that came with "where to go to tonight".  Now, my feet are firmly planted in front of my stove each evening, except for the odd occasion, like tonight, when a friend's return to the province prompted a late-night meal out.  The restaurant of choice was Bistro Sophia where consistency is always on the menu.  The soup hits the perfect temperature every time and the sandwich of choice was alive with rich cream, spices, and tender, tender chicken.  The rich cream part might frighten some off, but our conversation tonight centered around the fact that this food was made with love.  I believe when that is one of the first ingredients, you simply can't go wrong.  It's the intention in how the food is made which makes all the difference.  You can tell at that restaurant that everything is cared for, from the freshest ingredients to the final presentation.  So, at the risk of making this sound like a food critic's review, I simply have to give credit where it is well due.   It's so easy to offer a comparison to some other food establisment where pumping the food out as fast as you can seems to suggest a different intention.  It's easy to recognize a restaurant where the profit is the first ingredient.  It's usually the food that offers little nutritional well being, but tends to be popularized by those who favor all the salt and fat.  Admittedly, I used to be one who favored such establishments, but now I can see a contrast and when I want an evening out, I want it to be at the hands of someone who puts as much love into preparing my meal as I put into myself.  Thanks again for a wonderful meal this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment