Wednesday 9 March 2011

My Morning Ritual

Since May 24, 2010, I have watched my body transform.  I have lost precisely 70 lbs and there's still 20 more to go.  It's not the weight loss that I am focusing on, but rather my wellness and the weight falls off as a natural product of that focus.  It all starts in the mornings.  When my eyes open, my feet hit the floor and in no time, I find myself on Water St.  It's there that I enjoy an hour and a half walk as the day begins.  It's the first thing that I do for myself and my body each day.  After all, our body is really the only place we have to live.  After many years of not honoring that place, I've decided it's time to do just the opposite.  Giving my body exercise and movement is the way I choose to feed my body.  In the past, my choices were less than nourishing at the start of each day.  I could often be found at the fast-food drive thru enjoying my breakfast in one hand with the steering wheel in the other.  Who was I kidding?  Now, I ask myself the simple question, what is it I want to give my body at the start of each day?  Sure, there may still be a time that I will want that breakfast sandwich and I may just enjoy it, but I will choose more mindfully now.  It feels good to have started my day this way.  It also feels good to share it this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment