Friday 11 March 2011

The Source

It is Friday evening as I begin writing this and I'm aware that my letter has been sent out from House to Home.  I am very thankful to Ted for his agreeing to do this for me.  There is one point that I want to focus on in this letter and that is the idea of getting to the source of a person's overeating.  In my letter, I had talked about it being the most important aspect of my losing weight.  I stand by that statement.  As I have mentioned that concept to others before, I know people are quite curious about it and some are a little confused by what it means.  I want to take this opportunity to talk about it a little further.  The conversation may continue in future blog entries for I believe it is such an essential one.  Essentially, what I are referring to by "the source" of overeating is an understanding of how that behavior was adopted.  Of course I am careful to state that all of this is my opinion and I cannot quality myself with any medical references, however, I have been doing this energy work for the past seven years and it is what has resulted in a breakthrough for me.  The source can show up as an early experience that shaped one's opinions about food and particularly the way in which one uses food.  It is a coaching conversation that asks requires deep listening.  It is nothing to be intimidated by as it is a gentle approach to understanding a person's eating and weight issues.  As I have lived with this most of my adult life, I know the impact that weight has on an individual.  For me, it was the breakthrough I needed.  Now, my life is free of the pull of food.  Again, I simply say I got to the source.  As I write my closing comments, I believe there will be some that will ask for more information about this.  I am happy to share whatever I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment