Thursday 31 March 2011

Fly Me to the Moon

What an interesting day this turned out to be.  I knew I was in for a very long work day that started quite early so my walk this morning had to start earlier, too.  As I was finishing at around 7:30, I noticed that the sign on the new "Rocket" bakery downtown said they were opening at 7:30 as well, so in I went.  For those of you unfamiliar with this place, it is the old Auntie Crae on Water St.  As it turned out, I had the distinction of being their first customer and as such, they asked if they could take my picture.  How do you resist that?  Even with my scarf tied around my forehead and a full suit of black walking gear, I proudly flashed a smile for the camera.  I can only imagine what I looked like after an early-morning walk with the cold impacting my rosy cheeks.  But, alas, there is another place for a hot cup of tea in the morning.   I recognized the chef and after a brief chat, I was proud to learn that they had some wonderful things they were offering from their kitchen.  Their bakery seemed filled with frosting delights, so as much as I wanted to put at least a half dozen on my plate, I opted out of that.  Still, those cupcakes were calling my name.  I think I'll have to try one tomorrow morning.  Tomorrow is another heavy work day but I will rise early once again and my trek downtown will eventually find me back to Rocket's door.  I like the energy there and the familiar face from another coffee house calling me by name made me feel welcomed.  I guess I can consider that it's off to the moon for me in the morning.  Oh, isn't that one of the best episodes from Sesame Street when Ernie sings "Oh, I'd like to visit the moon."  You can find it on You Tube.  It's just the best song ever.  I wonder if that cupcake will measure up.  I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment