Thursday 17 March 2011

One More for Good Luck

Downtown was a sea of green as I walked this evening with all the St. Patrick's Day well wishers pouring in and out of the bars.  Despite one or two that practically tumbled onto me on their departure from one such bar, the jaunt was quite enjoyable.  I could easily turn my glance inside one of the restaurants that seemed to be bursting at the seams with patrons.  The mounds of fish and chips offered a savoury reminder that I used to be one of the people eating just a meal like that.  But, hey, I'm not here to knock it for I might just enjoy a similar meal myself one day.  This is just not the day.  After a great conversation with a friend earlier, we arrived at the notion that it's all about repetition.  Let's say I had that mound of fish and chips tonight and I hopped on the scale tomorrow morning, I know it would not say anything different that it did today (which, by the way, said I'm now down 72 pounds).  Of course, I wouldn't be able to repeat that meal choice tomorrow and the next day and the next day without it eventually having the reverse effect on my body.  I, at least won't be testing that theory anytime soon.  The repetition I'm engaged in is seeing the results I'm looking for.  I walk in the morning and I walk again in the evening and I repeat that every day.  Tonight was an especially enjoyable walk...for some odd reason, I decided to go around one more time.  You never know who you'll bump into on the last leg of your journey.  I guess you never know your luck in the city! 

No comments:

Post a Comment