Sunday 20 March 2011

A Choice

It's 5:17 as I begin writing this morning and a quick check of the weather online reveals that it feels like -10 degrees out there.  It looks like it too.  This is where I get to decide whether I really want to go out in this in an hour's time or whether I just want to stay in.  There's a temptation for both, but more importantly, a choice.  I already know I will do the loving thing for myself and I will head out the door at 6:20 and offer myself an hour and a half of exercise as daylight breaks.  That's the thing about a choice--it's completely ours.  It's easy to choose a walk on a sunny morning when only a t-shirt is required, but it doesn't mean you can't do it when the weather is less than favorable.  I then get to choose something else for myself this morning.  Sunday morning means heading off to the flea market with a dear friend and then we always have breakfast.  Again, I will ask myself the question, what is the loving choice for me this morning.  Last week, it was The Sprout for some Lemon Luvin' crepes which lived up to their promise of deliciousness, again, being prepared by the most caring of hands using the most caring of ingredients.  There's no going wrong when you make these kind of choices for yourself.  I then get to decide what work I want to include in my day.  There's quite a bit of flexibility in the work I do at House to Home in Mt. Pearl and quite a bit of enjoyment so really, it doesn't even seem like work, so that will be my choice for my time in the afternoon today.  I then know I'll be back on Water St. for another hour and a half of walking in the early evening and then it's off to the supermarket for some other good choices.  These choices are mine and I am mindful of making them.  They offer my day and my life purpose.  The result I have is a life that is on purpose and what a wonderful way to live that is.  Sure, it's not all perfect and there's stuff out there that grips you to your core, but even in those moments, I'm going to continue to make the loving choice for myself.  Now, it's 5:35 and I have a good half hour before I start bundling up to head outside.  The day is already off to a wonderful start.  I believe the rest will be more of the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment