Wednesday 30 March 2011

Someone Else's Kitchen

Let's face it, there's time when you just don't want to stand in front of your stove and cook your own meal.  I felt like that this evening after I walked.  I just wanted to enjoy someone else's cooking, but whose, I wondered.  If I'm going to trade nourishment for dollars, it's got to be good.  When I look back at the food choices I made in the past, I don't have to look any further than photos of me during that time.  Let's face it, I was heavy.  Over the past ten months, I've punched in a lot of hours beating the streets and losing the weight and now it seems, I'm still punching in time as I maintain that weight.  The choices I make now have got to be good ones.  It was easy to decide where to go for dinner this evening.  All I had to do was drop into Belbin's which is just around the corner from where I live.  They have a brilliant section called "Dinner's Ready" and I can't say enough good about their food.  Whether it's fresh or frozen, you can be sure it's made with the greatest care and ingredients you can pronounce.  How simple can that be.  There's often a temptation to pick up the popular frozen brands from other supermarkets, the ones with all the fancy packaging and irresistible names, but when you look at what's inside, you sometimes have to question if that's the stuff we should be putting in our bodies.  The pita pizza I had tonight from Belbin's was fabulous.  You really have to give them credit.  It's perhaps the only supermarket left in the city that offers to take your groceries to your car, and that's even if you have just a few bags.  The prices are certainly reasonable, especially when you consider all that goes into the food preparation, especially their soups, which are simply divine.  As it turns out, I still have half that pita pizza in the fridge.  I think I was saving it for Republic of Doyle which starts in just one minute.  Off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment