Saturday 16 April 2011

What Work?

Today, I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in some years.  She was noticeably pregnant and I joked how I used to look like someone who was ready to drop twins.  She asked me what I was doing this evening and I told her I was headed to work.  When she asked me what work I was doing, I stopped and realized that I call it work, but it really isn't.  Tonight, I hosted an Easter gift-giving demonstration at House to Home in Mt. Pearl.  I spent the day thinking of inventive ways to prepare Easter gifts and I had the entire inventory of the shop at my disposal.  It felt wonderful.  Throughout that full hour, the audience seemed to gasp with delight.  How could there be anything greater to do as a career?  That is the feeling I will carry with me throughout the rest of this evening.  What an amazing day.  Imagine, that kind of life is available to anyone who simple has to tap into what they really love to do.  When you align your passion with your career, it no longer becomes work.  I could still be there, creating one exciting gift after another and still handing them out.  Maybe I'll do a few more here.  After all, there's one whole week to Easter.  Time to get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment