Monday 11 April 2011

the 18th

Tonight, I passed a little time watching the new Oprah Winfrey Network called OWN.  The show that I caught a bit of is somewhat of a disappointment.  It's called "What Would You Do?".  I'm surprised that Oprah would endorse a show like that.  In my opinion, it is in poor taste and exploits very real situations and human emotions.  The only good thing to come out of watching that was to learn that on the 18th, there is a new show coming on that network called "Addicted to Food".  I'm very anxious to see how they will approach this topic.  I like to think I could produce a show of my own on that.  There is always something new to learn and something new to share.  Tonight, I will do just that.  What I have discovered about food addictions is that there is always a trigger and then there is the response to turn to food to deal with that.  Once I became aware of my triggers, I was able to resist the temptation.  Perhaps the greatest accomplishment has been to watch as even the temptation washes away, which it precisely did this evening.  If ever I was going to turn to food, tonight was the night.  It would have typically been the time when I would turn to all kinds of junk food, but proudly, I didn't.  The great thing about this is, it wasn't even resisting the food, I simply didn't have the inclination to turn to it.  I'm extremely proud of that.  You see, the trigger doesn't really go away.  You get to stare it in the face, just as I did this evening.  You feel the emotion of that and then you get to see how you choose something more powerful for yourself in the matter of that emotion.  I'll be anxious to see if this new show addresses that issue.  I'm always so anxious to learn, especially about something that affects my life, or should I say, that gives me life.  Yes, that is how I shall see it, that which gives me life.

No comments:

Post a Comment