Friday 29 April 2011

Something New

As I was shopping today, I could hear the radio being played in the background.  I'm not much of a fan of the music stations with all the loud ads blaring in the background, but I'm glad I listened in today.  Apparantly, Sobeys in Howley Estates is having a grand re-opening and part of what they're now offering is the services of a dietician.  I'm up for that.  On top of that, they're offering it as a free service and there was a suggestion that you could sign up for a ten-week class to boost your knowledge on how to eat right for various conditions, including diabetes.  I happen to know a thing or two about that and now I'd love to find out more.  I'm always thirsty for such information so tomorrow, I'm putting my name down.  That would have happened today, but I went to the wrong Sobeys to inquire.  I guess I've got some learning on where Howley Estates really is.  I think it's wonderful that supermarkets are taking the lead on such things.  I especially like that they are offering the service as a way of giving back to their customers.  It's so easy to see the endless offers that are being made to those struggling with weight issues and how those offers typically come with their hand out.  I get turned off so quickly when the thing that always turns up is the great benefit of the latest thing that's always accompanied by the great cost.  It's almost unbelievable to consider how many people are out there to take advantage of people's weakness and desperation to move away from the weight.  I'm going to give this a shot.  The ten weeks are going to pass anyway and I'm really curious to see what information they can provide.  I think it might just be interesting to discover what else the supermarket has to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment