Monday 18 April 2011

Taking a Stand for Yourself

I sometimes wonder if I have traded my addiction to food for the experience of constant walking.  Tonight, both my legs are sore and my feet hurt to my knees.  It's almost like it's hard to stand up.  Still, I know that when I wake in the morning, I will climb into my walking clothes and I will be downtown by 6:30.  I guess I can't complain.  I had to go shopping today for some new clothes.  Everything I now have is simply too big for me.  Whereas I used to have seven closets bursting at the seams, I now have about seven things to wear.  I don't even mind that I have to wear the same stuff over and over.  When you take a stand for yourself like this, these things happen.  When I go to bed tonight, it will be hard to just walk up over the steps.  Again, I don't mind that.  Even if I am a little addicted to walking, I'd rather have that to live with than the agony of being still addicted to food.  Tonight, I had planned to take myself out to dinner.  I would have come home and got ready all over again, but I settled for a six-inch sub at the end of my walk.  It's all I needed.  I guess it's worth the sore legs, the sore feet, and all the clothes that no longer fits.  You'll get no complaints from me on any of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment