Tuesday 5 April 2011

A Dream of a Wedding

Today, I visited a friend's blog to discover some very beautiful pictures of a Wedding she helped with last year.  It was incredible to see all the beautiful photos and how stunning everything looked once it all came together.  It reminded me of the work I used to do with Weddings.  Two years ago, I planned and decorated for a Wedding that took a full year to coordinate.  The results were incredible.   Seeing my friend's pictures today reminded me of all the work and all the planning that went into such events.  I loved every minute of it.  It got me thinking.  I can so easily compare that process of planning and decorating that Wedding to my own life's journey.  Next month will be one year since I started really living.  Living this way has almost seemed like a dream, but I know it's real because I've still got the chill in my body from walking earlier this evening.  The rain that was beating on me was freezing cold and it even penetrated the scarf that continues to find its way around my forehead.  Half way around, I felt like hopping back in the car, but I didn't.  I kept on going and once I was finished, I was proud of what I had accomplished.  I stopped into one of the coffee shops for a hot cup of tea and while I was enjoying that, with my scone, I perused the Snap magazine and wouldn't you know, there I was, in all my shimmery loveliness.  It was the picture that was taken of me several weeks ago at the Village Mall's fashion show.  I recall writing about how good I felt in that new suit that day, and earlier, I got to see how that acutally looked.   My suit looked regal.  I could have been going to my own Wedding.  I know that's going to happen.  Maybe I just needed to punch in a full year of this with me first.  Let's see what the universe has in store for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Eric!

    Thanks for visiting me at Beautiful Ideas and for your lovely comments about the wedding production. Your statement, "Next month will be one year since I started really living" intrigues me - certainly food for thought...

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, the date is actually May 24th and I will celebrate it as my other birthday. That is the day the new me turns one. I think I might even enjoy some cake!

    ReplyDelete