Thursday 21 April 2011

Oh Whoopi

One of my favorite movies has to be "Sister Act".  Whoopi Goldberg is simply brilliant in that role.  The one scene that always brings a smile to my face is where she sits with the other nuns for the first time to share a meal.  "This is terrible", she exclaims and it is only when her plate is taken away from her that she realizes that a little salt might have done the trick.  Believe me, there was no salt shaker that could make up for what was put in front of me this evening.  I decided to have a meal out with a friend and there was this Chinese place we hadn't tried as of yet.  It was terrible.  I had never met a chicken ball I didn't like, until tonight.  It was one of those occasions when you really don't know what to do with the food in front of you.  You then get to the awkward point when the server comes back just to check on you and the familiar phrase, "how's everything" is placed in front of you.  Well, who wants to be cruel?  Sure, there's always a diplomatic way of saying something is a little off, but I haven't come up with the words to say that everything was off.  I lied right through my teeth in my response but I think the fact that most everything was left on my plate told the truth.  As with everything like this, I ask myself the question, what is this here to teach me?  Does this mean my days of fried rice are behind me?  I don't know if I can ever look at another egg roll the same way.  Maybe the universe is telling me that I need to return to my own kitchen.  Since I really didn't have anything to eat, I'm desperately making up for it with the container of yogurt that was in my fridge.  I think I will end up eating the entire half container that's left.  I didn't think I would ever find myself sick of Chinese food, but tonight I am.  Let's see how long that feeling lasts.  In terms of Whoopi, I'm sure she will make me laugh tomorrow.  She's still in my VCR in my craft room where I'll be watching as I make my last Easter gift bundle in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment