Saturday 2 April 2011

A Good Recovery

There will always be times when things go wrong and I've long accepted that.  What I look for beyond the incident is how the individual handles that.  Tonight, I experienced for the first time the new restaurant at the Sheraton called Oppidan.  The name might have been a little unusual and as such, I didn't quite know what to expect.  What I discovered was an amazing experience, wonderful food, along with the company of a dear friend.  At the risk of making this blog seem like a restaurant review, it was certainly worth talking about.  My soup could have been a little hotter and while my whipped potatoes were less than warm, one forkful of my friend's risotto convinced me that this food was incredible.  Still, I was a little disappointed in the temperature of some of the things that came out, and I discreetly shared this with our waiter who was more than willing to replace my plate.  It wasn't necessary.  My fork found its way to warm satisfaction in my friend's plate.  All of a sudden, I was presented with my own, very piping hot bowl of that rice dish.  It reminded me that they certainly did care, even when I was willing to settle for something less that what I had expected.  It was a great recovery on their part and certainly prompted me to share the experience.  As a matter of fact, I believe I could speak more hightly of the experience based on the initial setback.  I guess that's the thing, we are not always perfect and things around us can sometimes go wrong.  I certainly experience that in my work, both in my capacity and on the other end.  In the matter of that, it's all about the recovery and tonight was a shining example of how little it took to make me a very satisfied guest.  Good for you, Oppidan, we'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment