Saturday 9 April 2011

A Gift

Both this morning and just now, I was treated to a burst of sunshine as I walked.  It was especially noticeable this morning for it came as such a surprise, almost a gift.  All of a sudden, there was this immediate sensation of warmth that was in sharp contrast to what I've felt for so many months.  For the first time, I was tempted to lay out in it.  While the wind was decidedly cold, the sun's rays reminded me that spring is just around the corner, no matter what the calendar already says.  So, who doesn't love a nice gift, especially an unexpected one?  The warmth of that sun this morning really felt like it.  I admit, there's times I get fed up with walking in the cold, especially the freezing cold that'e enough to skin you in this city.  I was then reminded of some other gifts that have come my way.  Being able to sew in my coat the other day was one.   Hopping into that suit several weeks ago was another.  Hearing my mother say, just yesterday, how proud she is of what I've accomplished was, indeed, something worth sharing.  So, tonight, there is another gift waiting to unfold.  There is a surprise party for a dear friend and I get the opportunity to hop in that same suit.  Going out tonight is yet another gift I give myself.  I do it with my head held high and all the confidence in the world.  Maybe there just might be a gift waiting for me as well.  Let's see what the evening holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment