Thursday 14 April 2011

Faceoff

One of the things I've really struggled with since starting this regime almost a year ago is shedding the image that I'm still living in an overweight body.  Even though I'm down 72 pounds (probably more since I haven't really weighed in several weeks), there's times I still feel overweight.  I watched a recent episode of Oprah and her guest that day was Jennifer Hudson who admitted to having lost 80 pounds.  She told Oprah that it took her mind a while to catch up to the realization of that weight loss.  As a matter of fact, she still felt she was overweight.  I could relate completely.  Even thought the jogging pants that I wear as I walk are a size small, my mind hasn't really caught up with that.  I like to think that changed today.  For the first time, yes, really for the first time, I looked in the mirror and say a smaller face looking back.  It was in a client's shop and at first I thought I must be looking in some kind of magic mirror.  I wondered if I could find one of those for myself.  I caught myself catching glimpses of my reflection throughout the day and surprisingly, the result was the same each time.  I now see a smaller me.  I started seeing it yesterday when I was sat down in my t-shirt after I walked in the morning.  There's no describing this feeling.  It's really starting to hit home.  Of course, I've heard it a thousand times from other people but as much as it was nice hearing that, I really needed to hear it from myself.  Today, my own voice spoke volumes.  It made is so easy to walk to that full three hours this evening.  My dinner was slight and I still feel nourished.  Imagine, a smaller me, at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment