Monday 4 April 2011

Support

The power of the univers has always fascinated me.  More that I am religious and more than I am spiritual, it is my belief in universal energy that I believe supports me.  When understanding support, it's easy to see the immediate examples that are around you.  For example, I had a friend visit last night who brought some very healthy dessert options.  While I may have lost my weight, I certainly haven't lost my sweet tooth.  I remember a time when I could sit to the full of a lemon pie.  Image all the sugar contained within.  Even living with diabetes, I believed I could beat the odds and have an extra piece every once in a while.  Maybe those once in a whiles were a little more frequent than I care to admit, but last night, a healthy, delicious alternative was presented to me.  Now, I just have to learn how to spare them along.  I think I washed out the empty container earlier this evening (they were just divine!).  Of course, there's always another friend who will gladly create a pot of soup and drop it off to my door upon request.  That support is wonderful and it is so recognizable.  There's also another support out there and it is less easy to recognize and that is, the support from the universe.  I believe when your intention is pure, the universe will be behind you all the way.  It's kinda like this, if you recall buying a new car in a shiny shade of silver, all of a sudden you start seeing all kinds of silver cars out there and all kinds of cars like yours.  It seems like what you focus on expands.  The same is true for looking after yourself.  Our bodies want us to be healthy.  The world wants that for us too so it stands behind us.  The universal support shows up in ways like one last parking spot being available as you look for a spot to park your car downtown as you begin your walk.  It shows up on a day when you just don't feel like walking for another minute then all of a sudden, there's this person you don't really know, but that person stops you on your trek just to say how good you look.  It also shows up in the way the supermarket that is just around the corner from your house always seems to have a freshly made salad awaiting your arrival, even if it is the last one in the bin.  Of course, I could go on and list another hundred examples of the support that is all around me.  I also believe it comes from one more source and that is, from the person who is reading this right now, the person who is wishing me well and sending all their good energy my way.  To that person, I say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment