Thursday 19 May 2011

One Long Weekend

This weekend is going to be a little tricky for me.  One of my best friends is coming back to Newfoundland and it seems she has planned our entire weekend around all of our favorite restaurants.  I admit that I have been known to eat out quite a bit, but as of late, I am really limiting the amount of restaurant food I put into my system.  Now, it seems, I'm in for an entire weekend of favorite breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.  I'm not quite sure how all of that will go down, but I like to think that I can safely put a hault on any extra indulgence that might be tempted to come my way.  It's so easy to link food with good times and I guess on some level, we've all had experiences with such a theme to it.  I remember on my birthday two years ago, my friend hosted a party for me at her home.  She cooked for two days.  I think we all rolled out of there.  There had to be at least forty platters of food and each one was piled as high as the eye could see.  I seem to have my second birthday coming up on Tuesday and I have already hinted to a friend who likes to bake cakes that I like to eat them.  I don't suspect there will be any candles on that cake.  In some way, I like to think I already have my wish.  I'm living it.  For now, I'm just going to pay attention over the next few days.  It will certainly be nice to have my friend back home and to share so many good times.  I'm going to weigh in with the new trainer on Tuesday.  I'll report back if anything has changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment