Monday 2 May 2011

The Home Stretch

May 24th will be a day of celebration for me.  It will be exactly one year since I started looking after myself.  The result is still the same--72 pounds gone.  Today, I thought about what I'd like to accomplish within the next three weeks.  I asked myself, would I like to lose a little more weight?  Of course, the answer is yes.  How will I celebrate that night?  While I don't have the answer to that, I just know I will, and I also know the celebration won't be around food.  Sure, there will likely be food present, but it won't be the focus of the event.  If I was just holding my breath so I could pig out that night, the entire spirit of the event would be lost.  When I hit that day, things will still be the same for me.  I will get up in the morning and walk and hopefully, my hands won't turn blue as I'm doing it.  It's been so cold lately.  I think for the next three weeks, I want to focus more on my own cooking.  Admittedly, I have eaten out quite a bit, so it's no coincidence that my weight hasn't changed.  It's time for that to now change.  I was considering taking myself out to dinner this evening but I thought better of it.  I stayed home to soup and, well, that's all I had now that I think about it.  Maybe that's why my stomach is growling at me right now.  Perhaps it's time for a little toast and tea.  I don't need much more than that.  I'll enjoy my cup of tea and think about what the next three weeks will hold for me.  I'll now plan a trip to the supermarket and resume some of my own cooking.  That's a great place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment