Wednesday 18 May 2011

One Little Piece

Recently, I discovered a special chocolate from Coffee and Company.  It's just a little piece and its flavor is Strawberry Cheesecake.  Does it ever taste like Strawberry Cheesecake, too.  Now, in the past, I could sit to a full box of chocolates and my stomach would hurt after the fact.  Once you get the code figured out, you go for the best flavors and you eventually discover that even the least attractive ones become more attractive as you get to the bottom of the box.  I remember turning my nose up at the coconut ones and the dark chocolate fudge, but when they were the only two left, their appeal increased exponentially.  That was the old me.  With my new discovery, I limit my intake to just one or two per week and I get them at the end of my evening walk.  I take my time to savour each little bite.  While I'm sure that I could eat several each evening with little consequence to the bottom line, I tell myself something more powerful.  I don't often view any food as a treat, but I will in this case.  That one perfect little piece will always be waiting for me whenever I decide to stop into that coffee shop.  It's one more little favorite little thing that I don't take advantage of, but rather something I allow myself to have whenever that little need for chocolate starts poking its head in.

No comments:

Post a Comment