Thursday 5 May 2011

Nike

At first glance, the name of this post might suggest a conversation about new sneakers, but it isn't.  What I like about Nike is simply their logo, "Just Do It".  It's pretty simple, just do it.  It kinda reminds me about the good china and good crystal people sometimes have in their home that just sits there.  It usually takes a special event or some special occasion for the dishes to come out.  I remember a set of china of my own that I was saving for a special friend once I passed on.  I knew it was her colors of pink and green and I also knew that the likelihood of my ever using that china was quite slim.  In a flash, I woke up.  Why should she wait until I was dead to enjoy that china so last year, I packed up every piece and off to her home I went with those dishes.  She was thrilled and told me should would enjoy that china every day and would eventually eat the flowers off the plates.  That china gets used every day.  When you use something like that, it brings additional joy into your life.  It's much like my new sneakers that sat in the closet for at least six months.  I was so proud to have them.  I knew I would use them one day.  It's almost as if I felt I was doing something good for myself by just having them.  I was kidding myself, I had to use them.  I just had to do it.  I can offer one more example of just doing it and that was with the recipe book my friend gave me so many years ago.  I made the soup last night and tonight I enjoyed the first bowl after two hours walking in the glorious sunshine this evening with my shorts on for the first time this year.  It was nice putting that recipe to use, just like my sneakers which are practically worn out (luckily, I have two other pairs).  It was even nicer enjoying that soup.  If I was at my friend's house, for sure we would have enjoyed that soup in a nice china bowl.  I was happy enough to have it here knowing it was from my own hands.  As promised last night, here is the recipe...Beef Soup...
-small pack of lean ground beef
-2 onions, sliced thinly
-2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
-2 small zucchini, cubed (add last)
-2 stalks of celery, diced
-1 to 2 cups of thinly sliced cabbage
-2 carrots, cut into coins
-1 large can of black or kidney beans
-1 can tomato soup
-2-3 cans boiling water
-Vegeta (spice) to taste or 1 pkg. beef boullion
(if you can't find Vegeta, I've got plenty to share, just contact me)
-cook on stove for 30-40 mins

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment